|Organization profile and background:||New Sight Eye Center (NSEC) is a Liberian private non-governmental organization registered in 2009 with NGO Accreditation Certificate # MPEA/NGO/AC#0692 and Business Registration Enterprise Code 050846733. NSEC was officially launched August 4, 2012 in Paynesville City, Montserrado County, Liberia. The Center goal is to provide affordable, accessible, available, comprehensive and quality eye health care services for all. Since establishment to date, the center has screened and treated over 135,000 clients and performed more than 9,000 eye operations with quality eye health and good surgical outcome.|
|Job Title:||Ophthalmic Nurse|
|Location:||Based in Gbarnga City, Bong County and occasionally travel for outreach and visit project sites.|
|Job purpose:||Under the direct supervision of the Clinical Supervisor the Ophthalmic Nurse (Volunteer) will provide a variety of clinical functions related to New Sight Eye Center Programs and must also have knowledge of organizational and departmental policies and procedures.|
|Responsible to:||Clinical Supervisor|
|Main Responsibilities:|| Ophthalmic Nurse. |
1. Evaluating, diagnosing, treating eye condition and diseases/disorder.
2. Manage patients referred from general practitioner.
3. Assist in managing children and adults with ocular conditions functioning as both educator and practitioner.
4. Performing minor interventions without supervision.
5. Perform simple eyelid operation such as incision and curettage of chalazion and pterygium excision.
6. Set up and manage eye unit outreach programs and maintain adequate records.
7. Educate the public on Primary Eye Care including health promotion and prevention of preventable eye diseases.
8. Identify and prepare clients for ocular surgery.
9. Initiate and implement sight saving measure at all levels of health care.
10. View the fundus and identify abnormalities using the direct Ophthalmoscope.
11. Do pre-up assessment and post up dressing.
12. Insert and remove eye Prosthesis.
13. Identify different type of lenses.
14. Make clinical decision based on modern medicine and technology considering patient welfare.
15. Help patients overcome psychological obstacles and provide necessary assistance to increase patient independence.
16. Collaborate with professional organization to gain better access to and awareness of resources to patient
17. Assist the Ophthalmologist or cataract surgeon in surgery.
|Experience:||Minimum 3-4 years professional experience in a similar position (an exception can be made for qualified candidates in entry-level positions)|
|Education:||Minimum of a Bachelor Degree in Nursing|
|Languages:||Good command of spoken and written English|
|Personal Skills:||Good written and oral communication skillsTeam player, able to work in a multi-cultural environment Ability to take initiative and work independently|
|Starting date||October 1, 2022|
|Please send your letter of application, résumé and other relevant documents to: email@example.com and cc copy firstname.lastname@example.org or you can address letter to the below address: Mr. Robert F.Dolo Executive Director New Sight Eye Center(NSEC) 72nd community Paynesville City, Monrovia|
|Closing date:||October 15, 2022|