|Organization profile and background:||New Sight Eye Center (NSEC) is a Liberian private non-governmental organization registered in 2009 with NGO Accreditation Certificate # MPEA/NGO/AC#0692 and Business Registration Enterprise Code 050846733. NSEC was officially launched August 4, 2012 in Paynesville City, Montserrado County, Liberia. The Center goal is to provide affordable, accessible, available, comprehensive and quality eye health care services for all. Since establishment to date, the center has screened and treated over 135,000 clients and performed more than 9,000 eye operations with quality eye health and good surgical outcome.|
|Job Title:||Visual/Optometry Technician or optometrist|
|Location:||Based in Gbarnga City and occasionally travel for outreach and visit project sites.|
|Job purpose:||Under the direct supervision of the Optical unit head, the Optometry or Visual Technician will provide a variety of optical functions related to New Sight Eye Center Programs and must also have knowledge of organizational and departmental policies and procedures.|
|Responsible to:||The Optical Unit Head|
|Main Responsibilities:|| Visual or Optometry Technician. |
1. Set up and manage eye unit outreach programs and maintain adequate records.
2. Educate the public on Primary Eye Care including health promotion and prevention.
3. Initiate and implement sight saving measure at all levels of health care.
4. View the fundus and identify abnormalities using retinoscope.
5. Handle simple optical measuring appliances and apparatuses for evaluating the characteristics of ophthalmic lenses.
6. Recognizes and knows the features of materials of different spectacle frames and lenses, and can adequately evaluate the fitting of components with specific work task.
7. Knows the work principles and safety measures handling spectacles.
8. Able to handle different hand tools and electrical appliances used for assembling different spectacles, and knows the necessary safety and maintenance measures.
9. Knows and can apply the methods of adjusting different spectacle frames,
10. Able to evaluate and analyze client’s vision need in a way that guarantees the best final result in selecting spectacle frames and lenses;
11. Organize and conduct school eye health and outreach programs and provide prompt eye health needs of those with ocular deficiency.
12. Understand and able to adapt to the use of new ophthalmic and optical equipment. Make daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and year report.
13. Help patients overcome psychological obstacles and provide necessary assistance to increase optical independence.
14. Collaborate with professional organization to gain better access to and awareness of resources to patient.
15. Basic knowledge in low vision service and children refractive needs.
|Experience:||Minimum 3-4 years professional experience in a similar position (an exception can be made for qualified candidates in entry-level positions)|
|Education:||Minimum of Technical Certificate, Optometric Technology and High School Diploma|
|Languages:||Good command of spoken and written English|
|Personal Skills:||Good written and oral communication skillsGook computer skills.Team player, able to work in a multi-cultural environment Ability to take initiative and work independently|
|Starting date||October 1, 2022|
|Please send your letter of application, résumé and other relevant documents to: email@example.com and cc copy firstname.lastname@example.org or you can address letter to the below address: Mr. Robert F.Dolo Executive Director New Sight Eye Center(NSEC) 72nd community Paynesville City, Monrovia|
|Closing date:||October 15, 2022|